Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Mailinglist changes going forward
On 31/05/18 22:00, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-31-18 07:50]:
On 2018-05-31 13:44, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-31-18 05:55]:
[...]
So well, lets have "opensuse-support" to post those questions that
before were asked on "opensuse-factory". Will developers be there to
answer our questions, or just plain users and a few volunteers?
most likely, if that list contains meee2s and long discussions about why
SUSE doesn't allow access to certain bug reports and if the next version
will be names Jump, and what windows might do in this case, you will not
see any dev's there. why would they waste their time sorting thru
mountains of cruff for a few small crumbs? do you stay subscribed to
lists where 95% of the conversation is irrelivant to your interests?
Can you promise that there will be devs there, even if those things you
say don't happen?
no one can promise either but the likehood of them being present given the
same conditions is very low. what would you do? you steer clear of the
dog that bites, or your intelligence is questionable.

You know, Patrick, one of the great cliches being flogged to death here is "developers".

Who are these "developers" who are supposed to inhabit this list?

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a list somewhere of these "developers" and showing which area of expertise they are interested in/developing.

I am not saying this with any other intent except to actually have and look at a list of these persons, to "put a face to a name" so to speak.

Having read the list of "developers" it is then easier to mentally visualise that my question or observation or comment or opinion may be or will be read by <name of a real human person> and not by some mysterious entity called "developer" -- you know what I mean.

BC

--
"..The times have been
That, when the brains were out,