Re: [opensuse] a little help with Leap 5
On 06/01/2018 05:47 PM, Knurpht @ openSUSE wrote:
Why are there 3 BtrFS partitions? The only comment I can find, all the
way in Release notes:7 technical, is that there is a single subvolume
for all of /var.

I changed the root file system type to xfs and was able to generate the
3, (4 with BIOS boot), partition layout I am familiar with.

Comments please.
Don
Did you use the import mountpoints option? It looks like you're not
performing
an upgrade but rather a new install. Please provide as much info as you can
gather, put the output on paste.opensuse.org

It does look like it was trying to set up a new install, rather than an upgrade.
That being said, there is nothing wrong with what you've selected to set up
manually. Opensuse defaults to BTRFS, but you certainly don't have to accept
it and setting it up in the way you are used to doing is certainly fine).

(After getting corrupted and losing data twice within 6months, I've put BTRFS on
my 5 year ban list, and other distros have dropped it altogether). YMMV.