Re: [opensuse] a little help with Leap 5
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 02:47:26 +0200
Op zaterdag 2 juni 2018 01:11:13 CEST schreef don fisher:
I have been having a lot of trouble with upgrade, so pardon this if
stupid question.

I do not use LVM. When I boot the Leap 15 DVD and try to set up
partitions, I get 6 rather that the usual 3 generated under 14.3. For
some reason, that I can probably research on google, it sets up
partition 1 as a BIOS boot partition. Not sure why this is required. But
then it sets up partitions 2 and 3 as BtrFS partitions, then partition 5
as another BtrFS partition mounted as root. Then partitions for the
usual swap and home file systems.

Why are there 3 BtrFS partitions? The only comment I can find, all the
way in Release notes:7 technical, is that there is a single subvolume
for all of /var.

I changed the root file system type to xfs and was able to generate the
3, (4 with BIOS boot), partition layout I am familiar with.

Comments please.
Don
Did you use the import mountpoints option? It looks like you're not performing
an upgrade but rather a new install. Please provide as much info as you can
gather, put the output on paste.opensuse.org

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member