Re: [opensuse] How does one setup mythtv?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 00:05:20 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2017-11-30 at 23:44 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Thursday, 2017-11-30 at 23:09 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

And this time it has not asked at all about my country and language,
it is using English and USA settings without asking, which is wrong.

So change it. It is probably what you set earlier.

I don't see where.
No, it is using USA settings. Earlier I set up Spanish settings.

I see settings one to eight, and none asks about country/language. I also
tried to delete the mythtv on /root, no good - that's for the client.

I was running the setup via ssh to my multimedia server machine. Now I tried directly on the server: it coredumps. Could not connect to display. This is another issue, yast also fails. Also "xeyes" (Error: can't open display"). I think "su -" doesn't set the correct vars or permissions.

I'll open another thread about that one, happens on some of my computers and not others.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.