Re: [opensuse] How does one setup mythtv?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 23:44:03 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2017-11-30 at 23:09 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Thursday, 2017-11-30 at 20:59 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Quoting myself:

using the mysql command line interface, for instance.

"grant all privileges on <mythdb>.* to '<mythuser>'@'localhost'
identified by '<passwd>'"

Password?

Any password you want, in cleartext.

Yes, that part is solved :-)

As it happens, it is also done automatically by the 'mc.sql' script.

But I think that the script is wrong, because the frontend complains
the database is 37 versions old, to run setup to correct it.

That script only creates the database and the userid, it does not create
any tables.

Ah, ok.

Set the backend to start automatically. Well, it refuses, it fails
with cryptic errors.

It just needs the timezone tables populated. There is a script for
that, it is a well-documented procedure.

Yes, but it fails. It is a documented procedure but I'm not an mysql
expert to know about it.

No expert knowledge required, you only need to run the script. How does
it fail? If it is about the password, I have already explained that.

22:01:16.476693 E MythCoreContext::GetBackendServerIP(): No address
defined for host: localhost
Nov 30 22:01:16 Isengard mythbackend[32392]: 2017-11-30
22:01:16.477788 E MythSocket(27f5040:-1): Failed to connect to
(::1:6543) Connection refused

This is the backend trying to connect to iself (the backend listens on
6543 and 6544). Weird.

I thought it was trying to connect to mysql, but no, it is different.

mythtvsetup does run, however. In general config it asks about "Port"
and "status port". 6543 and 6544. Suppose I should leave alone.

Yup.

It asks a lot of questions I have no idea about. And I can not exit
without answering "no storage group directories are defined... you
must add at least one." But I have no idea where to set it up (system
or home?),

It just needs a directory with some space. /var/spool/mythtv is what I
use.

owned by whom? Should it already exist?
I'll point it to somewhere on the external rotating rust. The internal is small and SSD.

/data/waterhoard/mythtv

It complains that the directory does not exist, and please fix it. Absurd, can't it create a directory? I do not know what permissions to use. I can not login as "mythtv", it is "nologin" user, to create the path.

Ok, created.

I have no TV card.

It should be irrelevant, but I haven't tried setting up a backend
without a tv card.

And this time it has not asked at all about my country and language,
it is using English and USA settings without asking, which is wrong.

So change it. It is probably what you set earlier.

I don't see where.
No, it is using USA settings. Earlier I set up Spanish settings.

I see settings one to eight, and none asks about country/language. I also tried to delete the mythtv on /root, no good - that's for the client.

Nov 30 22:18:07 Isengard mythbackend[9367]: 2017-11-30 22:18:07.513010
W MythBackend: No valid capture cards are defined in the database.
Nov 30 22:18:07 Isengard mythbackend[9367]: 2017-11-30 22:18:07.517338
E Scheduler: No capture cards are defined in the database.
Nov 30 22:18:07 Isengard mythbackend[9367]:
Perhaps you should re-read the installation instructions?

I wonder if there might be a "null" capture card. Or maybe you just any
card, at random.

It will try to probe it.

I will do some reading...

- -- Cheers,