Re: quote chars (was "Re: [opensuse] Get an SSD ...")
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 16:42:43 +0100
Bob Williams wrote:

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 11:02:46 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David T-G wrote:

Carlos --

...and then Carlos E. R. said...
%
% On Wednesday, 2017-11-29 at 15:16 -0500, David T-G wrote:
%
% Please do not use a non-standard character, '%' to mark the
quoted % part. Please use '>'. Other mail programs do not recognize
it.

We've had this discussion already :-) and I've been doing so for,
what, twenty-five years by now. Any real mail program should
what, easily
be able to recognize my or any other character as a quote regexp.

Fyi, knode, pan and Thunderbird don't recognise it.

And FYI, Claws-mail can recognise it. In Preferences, there is an
option "Treat these characters as quotes"

I wonder if TB might have that too - I have definitely seen such an
option somewhere, just not sure if it was in TB.

I was more thinking of it being built-in - having to configure it
explicitly is, well, a bit backward.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.4°C)