Re: [opensuse] conflict between nut and apcupsd - really?
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 13:43:19 +0000
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Though I also agree with Geertjan that a real conflict (i.e., two packages
trying to own the same file) rather asks for a direct bug report :)

But the conflict could be intentional - you can not monitor the same UPS
with two programs. It is not your case, I know, but that could be the idea
behind the conflict.

It is indeed a 'hardcoded' one, the spec file says
Conflicts: apcupsd

But the reasoning you state is not well-thought:
I could have a computer monitor two UPSes, his own, and a second one for
several other computers as slaves....

We'll see what comes out of the bugreport. In doubt I'd have to recompile the
rpm myself without the hardcoded conflict ;^>