Re: [opensuse] Get an SSD just for swap?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 01:04:49 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2017-11-29 at 23:09 -0000, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
On 29 November 2017 at 19:56, Paul Groves <paul.groves.787@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The only bottleneck I cam across was Virtualbox VMs being in /home by
default so I made a directory on the SSD and symlinked it to my home
directory.

I wonder - where in the tree is a good place for this stuff? you
obviously had to put this on the root partition, so where under root?

/data, /home1...

Another question - if I use the SSD for both / and /home, perhaps I
should mount /var as a separate partition and put that on the HDD?
This would apparently cover the RPM cache, but is there something in
/var that might impact speed?

Don't bother.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.