Re: [opensuse] conflict between nut and apcupsd - really?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:05:18 +0100
Peter Suetterlin wrote:

Hi list,

it seems nut and apcupsd refuse to be installed at the same time. The
nut package lists a conflict with apcupsd, apcupsd itself seems not to
care.

This is strange, as I cannot find a real collision between the two
packages?

We have apcupsd for monitoring the APCs via SNMP, and single box with
nut for an Eaton UPS, but they on different systems.

Digging into this 'conflict' I found a notice on the debian list that
nut needs to conflict with apcupsd because both use
/etc/init.d/ups-monitor.

Now that is somewhat ridiculous in itself (rather rename init scripts
or use alternatives I'd say), but for recent OS systems the file isn't
there at all and all systemd stuff seems to use 'personalized'
commands.

So is - as I assume - this collision only a historical one that should
be removed?

I quickly looked over the file lists of both, I didn't spot any
immediate conflicts.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.7°C)