Re: [opensuse] systemctl stop graphical.target
Felix Miata wrote:
Richmond composed on 2017-11-28 18:22 (UTC):

If I can start X with:
systemctl start graphical.target
should I not also be able to stop it again with:
systemctl stop graphical.target ?
I have found this leaves the system unusable with no virtual console or
graphical interface, so I have to reboot.
As it was with runlevels, where one ended X with 'init 3' or 'telinit 3', in
systemd one switches the "target", thus: 'systemctl isolate
multi-user.target'.
'init 3' is said to be an alias to 'systemctl isolate multi-user.target', and
switch back to X, 'systemctl isolate graphical.target', or 'init 5'.

'systemctl isolate multi-user.target' had the same effect, all I could do was
press the off button to shut the system down.

However, I find that telinit 3, and telinit 5, do work as expected. There must
be something else at work here...