Re: [opensuse] Installing IME firmware updates in openSuSE
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:53:10 +0000
Tom Kacvinsky wrote:

Try this download page:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS120370

Well, that's for a different laptop, and even more important, the date of the
download is 13/10/2017. The IME updates were only rolled out mid november
IIRC, so I doubt that BIOS update would fix the IME issue...

There there is a bootable CD image which you should be able to convert to
a bootable USB stick. The mechanics of getting a bootable CD ISO on to a
bootable USB stick I would need to research. I'm sure someone here would
know the answer to the latter issue,

That's the easier part, you need geteltorito (from the geniosoimage package),

geteltorito -o bios.img r07uj17wd.iso

(or whatever your bios iso is called) and write that bios.img to a usb
medium (using cat or dd)