Re: [opensuse] SOT: fetchmail and AOL's SSL mail
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-28-17 15:37]:

On Saturday, 2017-11-25 at 21:05 -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:

While I was on vacation, my wife's AOL account switched to mandatory SSL
e-mail. It's taken me several hours of Googling and fiddling to find
something that works. The non-obvious key was to specify SSL, not SSLPROTO.
The first few lines of .fetchmailrc needs to look something like this:

Something I do is trying to setup the account in Thunderbird instead,
because it has a database of accounts and some automatics. Once it connects,
I translate the settings to fetchmail.

Of course, in some cases it is impossible to translate: for instance, oauth2
is not supported in fetchmail and will not be.

there is also: fetchmailconf
but I would make a copy of fetchmailrc before using it.