Re: [opensuse] SOT: fetchmail and AOL's SSL mail
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:35:55 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2017-11-25 at 21:05 -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:

While I was on vacation, my wife's AOL account switched to mandatory SSL
e-mail. It's taken me several hours of Googling and fiddling to find
something that works. The non-obvious key was to specify SSL, not SSLPROTO.
The first few lines of .fetchmailrc needs to look something like this:

Something I do is trying to setup the account in Thunderbird instead, because it has a database of accounts and some automatics. Once it connects, I translate the settings to fetchmail.

Of course, in some cases it is impossible to translate: for instance, oauth2 is not supported in fetchmail and will not be.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.