Re: [opensuse] systemctl stop graphical.target
Richmond composed on 2017-11-28 18:22 (UTC):

If I can start X with:

systemctl start graphical.target

should I not also be able to stop it again with:

systemctl stop graphical.target ?

I have found this leaves the system unusable with no virtual console or
graphical interface, so I have to reboot.

As it was with runlevels, where one ended X with 'init 3' or 'telinit 3', in
systemd one switches the "target", thus: 'systemctl isolate multi-user.target'.
'init 3' is said to be an alias to 'systemctl isolate multi-user.target', and to
switch back to X, 'systemctl isolate graphical.target', or 'init 5'.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/