Re: [opensuse] Get an SSD just for swap?
On 27/11/17 17:25, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
On 27 November 2017 at 17:15, Bob Williams <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think the problem of root filling up with snapshots is the fault of
snapper (an openSUSE program), not btrfs, even though the snapshotting
capability is provided by btrfs. Please don't blame btrfs for problems not
of its making.

But if I don't use snapshots, what's the point of having btrfs as
opposed to ext4? And on an SSD I just don't want any snapshots. I'll
do them in other ways and onto the HDD, not SSD.

I believe btrfs does integrity checking. So if the underlying disk gets
corrupted, btrfs will give you a read error because the CRC or whatever
it is is broken.

Cheers,
Wol