[opensuse] Leap 42.3 suddenly doesnt assign ipv4 default route via dhcpv4 any more?
  • From: cagsm <cumandgets0mem00f@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:18:38 +0100
Hi there,

today I was called to figure out what network trouble there was going
on. Turns out that a 42.3 leap installation configured for dhcp v4,
was getting its address but wasnt getting a default route at all.

route -n

shows only the local lan

ipv6 route is there

The only stuff I can think of right now is this recent yast network update.

I have rebooted the leap machine several times and I even checked

# wicked check dhcp4 eth0

or that command

it fetches the dhcp information nicely and in there are the gateways
and route shown, but the network stack from the actual wicked stack
running doesnt assign or use this gateway info

What happened? Is anyone else having trouble with dhcp4 on a simple
lan? this is like very basic stuff, wondering if its again me messing
stuff up, although I cant remember anything :(

Thanks for helping.