Re: [opensuse] Get an SSD just for swap?
Le 26/11/2017 à 23:18, Mikhail Ramendik a écrit :

So I wonder - would it help to get a small (16-32G) SATA SSD and use
it just for swapping?

I didn't try exactly this. Usually ssd is not said to like swap, but I had an asus laptop with a small ssd included as fast intel start for windows.

It was 24Gb

I didn't find it usefull for win, tried to have bcache for openSUSE but didn't find it good neither. Finally I used it to install the openSUSE system and this was the best approach

now I have either 500Gb ssd one my biggest laptop or 60Gb msata ssd for my travel one for openSUSE, very good and enough for system, but there I have the normal disk for data

jdd

--
http://dodin.org