Re: [opensuse] SOT: fetchmail and AOL's SSL mail
Hello,

In the Message;

Subject : [opensuse] SOT: fetchmail and AOL's SSL mail
Date & Time: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 21:05:25 -0600

"Jeffrey L. Taylor" <jeff.taylor@xxxxxxxx> has written:

While I was on vacation, my wife's AOL account switched to mandatory SSL
e-mail. It's taken me several hours of Googling and fiddling to find
something that works. The non-obvious key was to specify SSL, not SSLPROTO.
The first few lines of .fetchmailrc needs to look something like this:

poll pop.aol.com with proto POP3 service pop3s
user 'AOL_username' there with password 'AOL_PASSWORD' ssl is

How about this?

poll pop.aol.com with proto POP3 service pop3s port 995
user 'AOL_username' there with password 'AOL_PASSWORD' ssl

HTH,

Regards,

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp