Re: [opensuse] Re: Weird automount behavior
This won't work across a network like NIS. I have other machines read these automounts too. I did find this checkin where the change happened:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/autofs/v5/patches-5.1.3/autofs-5.1.2-add-ref-counting-to-struct-map_source.patch

I don't know if the approver Ian knows what is going on. If I don't get a response, I guess I'll ask the kernel list. The config files I was using the last few years haven't changed and it stopped working so something isn't backward compatible.