Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
If you're simply re-formatting/converting, ffmpeg for sure.

If you're doing much else, well...  Not so much.

I had this second case come up with a relative on Windows 10 who'd previously
used a now removed-by-MS utility.  I pointed him to avidemux and this tutorial:

https://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:create_video_from_still_image_and_from_audio_file