Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 19:59:30 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2017-11-23 at 15:48 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I only need a simple editor for streams recorded from TV. I want to
remove the start lead, the tail end, and the commercials in the
middle.

I was reading some thread about cutting on the mythtv list - I can't
find it again, but in mythtv, you mark the lead and the tail, and you
can have mythtv mark the commercials. I am pretty certain I saw
someone mention that he used ffmpeg to do the cutting based on the
marks from mythtv.

Somebody also mentioned https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut

I don't do any video cutting myself - mythtv has the marks, that is
sufficient.

Interesting.

I read somewhere that MythTV used a contributive system to publish the commercial starts-ends, so that the thing could automatically skip them when playing, or perhaps when saving.

I wish that kodi would have a similar thing.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.