Re: [opensuse] OT: Strange Idea Proof of Concept
jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 23/11/2017 à 16:09, Richmond a écrit :

I forgot to mention, it cannot boot from cdrom either. The procedure
sounds crazy without that crucial bit of information. :)

There are way to boot from an image on disk without booting a cd, from
memory using a free partition (swap?), copying the dvd/cd image there
and rebooting I as even said to be manageable on a remote server, but
I didn't have occasion to try them.

Yes but you need an O.S. installed to copy the image onto the disk. You
can't boot from floppy and copy the cd image because you need to remove
the floppy disk drive to plug the CD in, which means shutting the system
down.