Re: [opensuse] OT: Strange Idea Proof of Concept
Le 23/11/2017 à 16:09, Richmond a écrit :

I forgot to mention, it cannot boot from cdrom either. The procedure
sounds crazy without that crucial bit of information. :)

There are way to boot from an image on disk without booting a cd, from memory using a free partition (swap?), copying the dvd/cd image there and rebooting I as even said to be manageable on a remote server, but I didn't have occasion to try them.

may be this can be done by changing the "boot" flag

I think there are also floppies that allows to boot on dvd at a secondary stage

jdd

--
http://dodin.org