Re: [opensuse] Reinstating Linda. Was: Dear Chairman Brown ~
On 18/11/17 05:30, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Harrie Baken <hb-lijsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-17-17 12:33]:
Hallo Per Jessen, op 17-11-17 om 17:48 schreef je:
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

Hi all,

FYI: On behalf of the board I sent an email to Linda last monday
to settle things and have her ban lifted. Awaiting her reply.

Any comments, discussion off-list please. The opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
ML is meant for support, the correct place to let your opinions
known to the openSUSE board is by emailing board@xxxxxxxxxxxx.
I actually like to see people's opinion expressed here too,
especially on such matters.
#MeToo ;)

Keeping things 'silent' is common practice in private corporations of
moneymakers, not in communities of people.
And. This *list* is not for people's opinions. We have offtopic for
that. *most* of the developers and packagers already shy away from this
list due to off-topic traffic and flames. perhaps we should merge this
list with offtopic and start a new list, opensuse-help.

There are enough "left-wingers" and "ultra right-wingers" on the
offtopic list so let's not direct people there for discussions about
OPENSUSE :-). As the name implies, offtopic is for offtopic subjects not
generally covered by lists aimed at the actual Linux distribution openSUSE.

Some rearrangements appear to have been made in the "wiki" and one now
cannot find the full description of what each mail list is about and the
only description I can now find re opensuse (en) is, "Generic questions
and User to User support for all the openSUSE distributions" -- and the
present exchange of views/comments between Community Members is covered
by this abridged "definition" of the purpose of this mail list: "...User
to User support...".

BC

--
"You should never argue about politics or religion. Or anything else
if you're going to come out with crap like that."