Re: [opensuse] Dear Chairman Brown ~
On 11/09/2017 05:57 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 09/11/17 09:01, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 11/07/2017 08:33 AM, ellanios82 wrote:
Dear Chairman Brown ,

Can we now please re-instate Linda ?
Motion seconded.

Plus 1 ... to the power of n.

BC

But, 1 to the power of n is still 1. :-)

Now, seriously.

My plus 1.

I think banning Linda was a wrong move.

I am on this list for very loong time. Mostly "listening", rarely asking
or answering. Writing in English is hard to me and always takes a lot of
time, so I mostly wait for others to ask or answer. For all these years,
I always percieved this list's purpose was not just for asking/giving
help, but also, in cases, for expressing opinions on important topics
regarding (open)SUSE from user perspective. Opinions have their value.
Communicating opinions is a kind of help in a sense. At least, it was
helpful to *me* to learn what others think on subjects that I am
interested in. Of course, I felt free to ignore subjects that were out
of my interest.

So, I feel free to express my oppinion that involvment of board
members/chair in (kind of) moderation, banning individual list members
or even treathening of terminating the whole mailing list look like some
sort of micromanaging. I would expect governance level to keep "noses
in" but "hands out". Than again, of course, I might be wrong.

Hope this was not too much throttling of list's bandwidth. Otherwise, I
appologize.

Radule Soskic
< Previous Next >