Re: [opensuse] Boot failure after update from 42.2 to 42.3 "Grub-tpm-measure not found"
On 2017-11-10 00:35, Felix Miata wrote:
(notice that it runs yast from the installed system, not from the rescue
system)

So then why do you say the live media must be openSUSE rather than Mageia?
The
way I understand chroot, only the kernel plus the content of the bind mounts
comes from the booted media, while the rest, including YaST2, comes from the
chrooted-to filesystem.

Same kernel, same libs, same versions, same directories.

Hence, as long as there isn't an obstacle on account of some obscure absence
or
conflict in the substituted kernel, the libs, software versions and
directories
are those needed, thos on the 42.3 repair target chrooted to, where the Grub
repair is needed, not those on the rescue media. Absent a kernel
incompatibility, it should not matter what distro is on the live media, which
is
effectively bypassed while in the chroot.

Without actually testing the specific distro media suggested, I would expect a
lot better likelihood of repair success from a live Mageia release using a
matching 4.4 kernel version and Grub version than I would from a 4 years older
live openSUSE 13.1 kernel 3.11 or 3 years older live openSUSE 13.2 kernel
3.16,
with their correspondingly older Grubs, directory structure, software
versions,
and libs.

You can use the small live rescue system in the Leap install media.

Less than a week ago I did a chroot across distros, from Debian Stretch, but I
don't remember to what (or for what), whether an openSUSE, a Mageia, or a
Fedora. Whichever it was, it got the job done.

Mmm.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.