Re: [opensuse] Boot failure after update from 42.2 to 42.3 "Grub-tpm-measure not found"
  • From: stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:32:33 +0100
In data giovedì 9 novembre 2017 18:53:15 CET, Andrei Borzenkov ha scritto:
09.11.2017 00:59, stakanov пишет:
In data mercoledì 8 novembre 2017 18:16:15 CET, Andrei Borzenkov ha
scritto:
08.11.2017 18:22, stakanov пишет:
[... trimming so I am not jumped on by self-appointed police of this
list ...]

[Well said. I hope that is not too much trimmed. Maybe there is an
important netiquette on this too....?]

Start with telling us what is your boot disk.

O.K.
First of all: this is "my" system, in the sense that I took care for it.
It is my fathers system at my parents home. To be
honest I had not to care too much because it just worked.
Historically it was a windows system so this is what explains a few of the
weirdo things here.
Discs are sda, sdb, sdc, and sdd.
Initially the sdb was the windows one and was the first disc but after a
repair it turns out that:
sda is in one only partition of 298 GB and should bear only data with NFTS
partition (windows)
The sdb was historicall the first disc running with win.
sdb 1 160GB NTFS (seems the "own data of users" Windows
sdb 2 110GB NTFS (old system disk of Win)
Then the partitioner shows:
sdb6 with 40 GB ext4 (leap root)
sdb7 with 2 GB ext4 (leap swap)
sdb5 with 153 GB (? - I do not really recall if this got /var or /home or
if it was abandoned. I think it is part of home as LVM, it is ext4)
sdc is windows data disc, all dedicated to backup Acronis (so it should
not
enter in
the problem).
sdd is 1.8 TB of data with user /home

The system should start from sdb, as I have not a /boot, the MBR
therefore.

I cannot parse this sentence.

Why it did have another location
or MBR is not known to me, with 42.2 it booted normally, with 42.3 it
stopped to work. And I did not change any setting in yast since at least
12.2. I hope that was somewhat understandable.

All this information is in BIS output. What BIS cannot know is what disk
your BIOS boots from. You still did not answer that.

LOL, this is because I am tarded :-)
I looked into the BIOS. So:
sda is the fist boot device in the BIOS.
sdb is only the second in boot order.

If I change the boot order to sdb as first device, can that work already? Could
it be so easy?
So to answer your question: sda is the boot device
HDD boot priority in order
1. SCSI-1 : HD321KJ
2. SCSI-2 : HD502HI
3. SCSI-0 : WDC WD20EYRX-00D
4. SCSI-3 : WD2500JS-00MHB0

sorry that it took so long for me to understand.