Re: [opensuse] Boot failure after update from 42.2 to 42.3 "Grub-tpm-measure not found"
  • From: stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 14:22:27 +0100
In data giovedì 9 novembre 2017 13:49:18 CET, Felix Miata ha scritto:
Well, this is a main problem, how to find a openSUSE live system as
AFAIK,
leap does not have one. If I take TW I am not sure a) that it exists b)
that it will be compatible , TW is quite far from current leap 42.3.
Would
live DVD of Mageia do.... I do not know that either.

No, it must be an openSUSE disk because you intend to fire up YaST.

???...

You can try with the rescue ISO for 13.2, or the one for TW (yes, there is
one, I don't know if it is finished).

Or you can do what I did: Install Leap in a very small spare partition in
another disk. 8 or 9 GB would suffice.

For this job, I think you do not need any: just boot Leap install media:
there is an option (or there should be, I have not looked or I don't
remember) to boot a very small text rescue image. Very few tools, but
enough for the procedure I described. If you don't have any, download the
NET install disk for the same Leap as you are recovering.

O.K. up to here I am with you. Just will need the live DVD.

Right.

yast:

(notice that it runs yast from the installed system, not from the rescue
system)

So then why do you say the live media must be openSUSE rather than Mageia?
The way I understand chroot, only the kernel plus the content of the bind
mounts comes from the booted media, while the rest, including YaST2, comes
from the chrooted-to filesystem.
So you say, if I am e.g. using Mageia 6 live (which I did up to now) and do
the commands as of above, I should be able to start yast. Would be perfect. I
think I will try.
Or I can try the commands with the "rescue system" of leap install media, but
I have the feeling I can do more stupid things there (I am able to mount
unmount and use the CLI but it takes more concentration and IMO there is a
larger margin for PEBKAC errors....