Re: [opensuse] Boot failure after update from 42.2 to 42.3 "Grub-tpm-measure not found"

Well, this is a main problem, how to find a openSUSE live system as AFAIK,
leap does not have one. If I take TW I am not sure a) that it exists b)
that it will be compatible , TW is quite far from current leap 42.3. Would
live DVD of Mageia do.... I do not know that either.

No, it must be an openSUSE disk because you intend to fire up YaST.

???...

You can try with the rescue ISO for 13.2, or the one for TW (yes, there is
one, I don't know if it is finished).

Or you can do what I did: Install Leap in a very small spare partition in
another disk. 8 or 9 GB would suffice.

For this job, I think you do not need any: just boot Leap install media:
there is an option (or there should be, I have not looked or I don't
remember) to boot a very small text rescue image. Very few tools, but
enough for the procedure I described. If you don't have any, download the
NET install disk for the same Leap as you are recovering.

O.K. up to here I am with you. Just will need the live DVD.

Right.

yast:

(notice that it runs yast from the installed system, not from the rescue
system)

So then why do you say the live media must be openSUSE rather than Mageia? The
way I understand chroot, only the kernel plus the content of the bind mounts
comes from the booted media, while the rest, including YaST2, comes from the
chrooted-to filesystem.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/