Re: [opensuse] Boot failure after update from 42.2 to 42.3 "Grub-tpm-measure not found"
stakanov composed on 2017-11-09 09:52 (UTC+0100):

Well, this is a main problem, how to find a openSUSE live system as AFAIK,
leap does not have one. If I take TW I am not sure a) that it exists b)
that it will be compatible , TW is quite far from current leap 42.3. Would
live DVD of Mageia do.... I do not know that either.

Do:
mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc
mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys
mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev

cd /mnt
chroot /mnt
yast (text mode)

O.K. up to here I am with you. Just will need the live DVD.

FWIW, IMO, if I were in your position, and disinclined to research the best
possible choice, I'd very likely choose Mageia 5.1 live media. Here's why:

1-rpm distro
2-4.4 kernel, which is what 42.3 uses
3-I'm a multibooter, and Mageia is traditionally (based on Mandrake and Mandriva
lineage) my 2nd choice distro (behind openSUSE), thus familiar
4-42.3 and 5.1 both use an iteration of pre-release Grub 2.02.

All that said, not needing live media for occasional rescue purposes is one of
the secondary benefits of multiboot configuration. :-)

BTW, all of my PCs have generic MBR code installed. Grub is installed to
partitions only. ;-)

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/