Re: [opensuse] KDE and directories
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 10:33:22 +0100
On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 0:07:10 ACDT Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"current directory" is a status for a process, a user likely has several
processes, each with a current directory.

Exactly. And it is the Dolphin process that I am interested in.
Whatever it has for the current directory is the one I am interested
in. If there is more than one Dolphin, no problem. Whichever Dolphin
you click in, the new current directory thing should trigger. The map
always shows the status of the last directory for which you did this
in any Dolphin.

So you need to create a plug-in for Dolphin. Dolphin will (I assume) somehow
expose that information via an API. You can use that to provide input to your
program. I know nothing about how to create Dolphin plug-ins - I leave that as
an exercise for the reader. :)

I suspect a plugin might be the route. I just cannot believe that the
type=inode/directory bits in a [Desktop Entry] cannot also be used. I
really think it is a lack of clear documentation on this item more
than a lack of functionality. I will keep exploring.

--
Roger Oberholtzer