Re: [opensuse] Unstable wifi on 42.2
On 1 November 2017 at 20:09, Wol's lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is working, but after some time, pings to the access point/router
become very slow (up to 3 seconds!) and packet loss appears. Network
connectivity is noticeably flaky (slow loads, extrtemely laggy games,
etc).

I would use wireshark aka ethereal to find out if it is the router which
takes its time to respond. Then you could try resetting the router.

I would second checking the router. Our network regularly dies of an evening
(when load is at its highest), and it always seems to be DNS on the router
messes up. Superficially nothing looks wrong ...

The problem is that another computer, running Fedora, accesses the
Internet just fine at the same time. On the other hand, a reboot did
not fix the issue.

I suspect it is a driver issue, but the only way to check would be to
roll back the kernel to a version 1-2 months old and see if the
problem disappears. Would this be possible? Or else it is some
disagreement between the services in opensuse and the router...
(Fedora uses network-manager while OpenSUSE uses Wicked Services)

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik