Re: [opensuse] Boot failure after update from 42.2 to 42.3 "Grub-tpm-measure not found"
05.11.2017 21:45, stakanov пишет:
In data martedì 31 ottobre 2017 04:26:43 CET, Andrei Borzenkov ha scritto:
30.10.2017 21:45, stakanov пишет:
This is a very puzzling error as I did not install trusted grub and I do
not have tpm on the system. The system is also not UEFI.
The update was from 42.2 (working well) to 42.3 (screwed it up and I am
now in rescue mode).
Did anybody encounter this or does understand what the issue actually is?

TPM support was added to stock grub2. The error suggests that your
core.img does not match /boot/grub2. The usual reason is that at some
point you used grub2-install manually on the "wrong" device (device that
does not match YaST configuration). So now after grub2 update new
core.img was written somewhere else and you continue to boot old version.

It may also happen if you ever changed bootloader location in YaST as it
probably does not wipe out bootloader in old location. If this is indeed
what happened, this warrants bug report.

Boot from live image and provide content of
/etc/default/grub_installdevice as well as result of bootinfoscript run
(get it from github, sourceforge one is way outdated).

Ok. I have now the content of grubinstalldevice and for comparison the .old
version of it (that was bootable).
I tried to run the script but I do get an error message that is:
line 7: syntaxerror near to the unattendet token "newline"
line 7: '<!DOCTYPE html >

You need to save raw file, not HTML page. Or you can simply download
release tarball to avoid any confusion.

Now the content of the files:
current is

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HD502HI_S1VZJ1KS407054-part3
/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_SAMSUNG_HD502HI_S1VZJ1KS407054
/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-350024e90013e385a-part6
activate
generic_mbr

As opposed to the "old" version

/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_SAMSUNG_HD502HIS1VZJ1KS407054-part6
/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_SAMSUNG_HD502HI_S1VZJ1KS407054-part3
activate
generic_mbr

The change came only into being with the update from 42.2 to 42.3

Well, .old file confirms my hypothesis (although we still do not know
actual boot block content). I have no idea what and when changed it, I
would not expect any change without you going into YaST bootloader and
trying to modify configuration.

As a general comment, having multiple location can lead to other sort of
problems and should better be avoided. There is no real reason to have
it (and I suspect it is leftover from the legacy grub which was far less
sensitive to it).