[opensuse] KDE and directories
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:03:33 +0100
I think I know the answer to this (and Google was no help), but I
thought I would ask in case I messed something very obvious:

Is it possible to have KDE run a program when you enter a directory?
Say in Dolphin. We want to sense if the current directory contains a
file with a specific name. If so, do something. The point is that it
should be automatic. And it must be done for all directories. There is
no name rule or pattern that can be used.

We already register numerous file associations. So I explored
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/shared-mime-info-spec/shared-mime-info-spec-0.18.html.
There is something about Non-regular files and inode/directory. But I
just don't see how to use this to trigger running a program. Has
anyone implemented this in such a general way?

--
Roger Oberholtzer