Re: [opensuse] "OpenSUSE" spelling in libreooffice [Was: openSUSE merits a better home page]
On 06/11/17 15:11, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I just tried in a new user (USA locale. Leap 42.2). I typed "openSUSE" on the blank page, pressed [ENTER], and instantly, the word was converted to OpenSUSE. I correct the first "O" to "o", go to the end of the word, type a space, and again the word is capitalized. It is a rule, the first word of a sentence must be capitalized, and at least in English, there are no exceptions, no method that I know to add exceptions.

In fact, "OpenSUSE" appears underlined in red, the speller says there is an error. One of the suggestions is in fact "openSUSE", and holds as long as you don't press "space" or [enter] close to the word. If there is an intermediate space the autocorrector does not trigger.

This has been known since ever.

I have not tried recently on a new user with Spanish locale, but I could.

I think you have to do a Ctrl-Z (or whatever the Undo shortcut is in your locale) straight after the autocorrect occurs to effectively tell it to accept what you've typed.

gumb