Re: [opensuse] tumbleweed and vim question
  • From: mh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Hirmke)
  • Date: 04 Nov 2017 10:48:00 +0100
Hi Lew,

Hi Folks,

Okay, I'm ignorant, and my friend Google hasn't been of any help.

oops.

I installed the latest tumbleweed this afternoon and was dismayed to
see that the default vim behavior has changed.  First, searching for a
string by hitting "/" and entering the string was funky.  Then cutting
and pasting into an open vim screen in the "insert" mode using the
left and right mouse buttons did surprising things.  Pasting from the
clipboard using the "edit/paste" drop down menu worked, but that's
very cumbersome and is contrary to how I've been doing this for
35-years.

Rather than giving up and learning how to use Windows 10, is there a
way to configure tumbleweed's vim to emulate the old vi syntax?

If I remember correctly, there is a bug in the actual snapshot causing
problems like yours.

Thanks,
Lew

Bye.