Re: [opensuse] openSUSE merits a better home page
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 23:31:20 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2017-11-02 at 22:21 -0000, Wols Lists wrote:
On 02/11/17 13:33, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I just tell them that the proper name is openSUSE and leave it there.

But you can not convince people to use the new names if they don't want
to, and some don't. Even if they are wrong.

Or, having re-read my post, at least the first time it was correct.

I have been a SUSE user since SuSE 5.x :-)

Me too :-)

(Except I can't have been, if SuSE != SUSE :-)

Personally, I love the SuSE name. I don't use it because some people get somewhat pissed, so I use the modern name instead. Thus I only use SuSE when I want to stress the point that I'm talking about is old times.

I hate when a company changes name.

In Spanish, we have a saying: «La mona con vestido de seda mona se queda», literally "the monkey with silk dress is still a monkey", but google translates as "the cute girl in silk dress stays".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.