Re: [opensuse] systemd, gpsd, and sockets
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 18:44:43 +0100
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

02.11.2017 18:15, Per Jessen пишет:

Yes, for gpsd to be started on-demand does sound wrong.

Why? As far as I understand it does not compute any persistent
information over time and simply offers abstraction for clients to
hide hardware implementation details. Moreover, as far as I can tell,
by default gpsd does not even access devices until client connects. So
what exact advantage starting it unconditionally offers?

I am not intimately familiar with gpsd, but I did assume it would access
devices continually and maintain a timestamp ready to pass on to
clients. If it doesn't, I guess having it socket activated is fine.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.4°C)