Re: [opensuse] openSUSE merits a better home page
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 14:33:22 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2017-10-29 at 23:58 +0100, Richard Brown wrote:
On 29 October 2017 at 18:00, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Brown wrote:

On 28 October 2017 at 19:35, Wols Lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I want ONE place, that's "all about SuSE". And this list, to me,
seems *supportive* of SuSE.

I snipped the rest of your email because I want to let it peculate
before I decide if I want to respond to it or not, but the above needs
to be addressed

- the openSUSE Project is not SuSE
- the openSUSE Project is an independent, contribution led, community
founded in 2005
- the openSUSE Project is sponsored by many sponsors, and has
contributors from many corporations, including SUSE
- SUSE is a company selling commercial Linux products, founded in 1992
- SUSE has not been called SuSE since 2004

For more detail, feel free to flick through this slide deck -
https://speakerdeck.com/sysrich/oggcamp-2017-opensuse-a-reintroduction

Richard, do you really find it appropriate to pick on a mistake and
respond with this useless sarcasm?

Dear Peter (or should I call you Jessie?),

When discussing someone, or something, is generally considered basic
respect to refer to them correctly by their name.

I just tell them that the proper name is openSUSE and leave it there.

But you can not convince people to use the new names if they don't want to, and some don't. Even if they are wrong.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.