Re: [opensuse] Being critical vs being negative
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 13:37:41 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2017-10-31 at 00:15 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
michael norman composed on 2017-10-30 19:12 (UTC):

I distrust the idea of moderation per se, it presumes some sort of
greater wisdom and usually ends up assuming the moderator/s have that
wisdom. My experience of this list is that eventually it polices itself
known trolls get found out and OT comment usually gets filtered out by
list members. That to me is the community that makes this list worthwhile.

+1

We are told to get up to date and use Facebook or Twitter. I won't use
either of those "platforms" for anything, if that makes me a dinosaur
so be it.

The nicest way I know to describe "social media" is monumental time sewer. This
I think is entirely apt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E7hkPZ-HTk TEDxTysons "Quit Social Media".

For me if you kill this list you kill what I think of as openSUSE.

+1

Agreed.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.