Re: [opensuse] Being critical vs being negative
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 13:32:04 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2017-10-30 at 21:02 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

michael norman wrote:
On 10/30/2017 06:29 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 30/10/2017 à 18:52, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink a écrit :
Top posting intentionally, to make clear this is from me as one of
the Forums Team members.

and it's OK.

I just wanted to say three things:

* I agree with you that this list should be moderated

* when a thread derives, it's not always for a bad reason and is
sometime useful. Moderation should stop flames.

Maybe I'm just quick to use 'ignore thread', but as far as I can see,
there aren't very many situations of that kind that call for
moderation.

I distrust the idea of moderation per se, it presumes some sort of
greater wisdom and usually ends up assuming the moderator/s have that
wisdom.

Agree.

My experience of this list is that eventually it polices itself known
trolls get found out and OT comment usually gets filtered out by
list members. That to me is the community that makes this list
worthwhile.

I also believe in the list policing itself. I do not believe the bans
we've seen were correct, fair or needed.

For me if you kill this list you kill what I think of as openSUSE.

As I described yesterday, this list only represents 0.95% of the
collected openSUSE communities, so it really is insignificant.

I agree to all.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

< Previous Next >