Re: [opensuse] Synchronization of notes
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 13:02:43 +0100
On 2017-10-18 11:26, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking for a way how to synchronize notes. So far I have been using
KDE Basket. It is very nice application, but it has no support for
syncing.
I have been using Gnotes, a fork from Tomboy. Supposedly it supports
syncing, but I have been unable to make it work. You reminded me to ask
about that in another thread.

I'm very interested in what you find out with your question.

So I installed
1) http://www.qownnotes.org/ from https://software.opensuse.org/package/
qownnotes from repository home:pbek:QOwnNotes (the official one).
2) ownCloud (I have 9.1.6) apps notes https://github.com/owncloud/notes and
QOwnNotesAPI https://github.com/pbek/qownnotesapi on server side.
3) MyOwnNotes https://f-droid.org/packages/org.aykit.MyOwnNotes/ version 1.6
on Sailfish os (version 2.0 requires Android 5+ [despite in incorrectly states
4.1] while Sailfish provides only 4.4). Native app ownNotes https://
openrepos.net/content/mazimmer/ownnotes is unmaintained (although there is
proposed simple fix to be able to run on Sailfish 2.1+).
4) ownCloud https://f-droid.org/packages/com.owncloud.android/ and MyOwnNotes
https://f-droid.org/packages/org.aykit.MyOwnNotes/ on Android tablet (ASUS
TF300T, shipped with 4.2, now running KatKiss 7.1). There is an issue with
MyOwnNotes 2.0 https://github.com/aykit/MyOwnNotes/issues/154 at least for me,
it doesn't work with MD files, only with TXT. So i downgraded to 1.6.
So the notes are well accessible from any device and operating system, as well
as on-line. Notes are stored in Markup, which is nice. Changes are traced by
Git. It'd be enough to set up synchronization of ownCloud 'Notes' directory
and edit them in any text editor.
As a next step, I might add support for tasks with ownCloud server apps
https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Tasks?content=164356 and/or
https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Tasks+Plus?content=170561
(QOwnNotes supports tasks, calendars also).
So I'm satisfied, it works well.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/