Re: [opensuse] Re: mcelog: CPU 6 on socket 1 received Bus and Interconnect Errors in Other-transaction
Hi Anton,

thx for your answer.

On 01/11/17 07:22 AM, Michael Hirmke wrote:
push

a) dust

I already cleaned everything as careful as possible.

b) oxidation

Puh, I'd have to disassemble fan and cpu to check that.
I'd prefer to do this as a last ressort.
But of course you're right - this may be one reason.

c) bad caps

Oops, changing caps is beyond my skills 8-<

[...]
While I sometimes have to pull memory and connectors, wipe the gold fingers
with an antistatic cloth, blow air into the connectors and replace all same,
I rarely have to replace capacitors. I have more than enough low-end mobos
from the "Closet of Anxieties", but obviously that isn't the case with you.

Indeed - this Supermicro mobo is a high-end mobo.

PLEASE NOTE:

I'm not saying that this is an ultimate solution, and I'd be VERY reluctant
to 'pull and polish' the CPUs, but this is a first line of wolf fencing of
the problem.

You are right, but I#m not very eager to do that 8-<

NEXT UP: quality of the PSU from a cold start.

Heck, it's getting cold and I turn the computer on before the forced air
heating has warmed the house ...

I don#t think, this is a problem here, because the machines run the
whole day, so everything is warm, when one of them is switched off for a
short while and then switched back on.

[...]

Bye.
Michael.