Re: [opensuse] Re: mcelog: CPU 6 on socket 1 received Bus and Interconnect Errors in Other-transaction
On 01/11/17 07:22 AM, Michael Hirmke wrote:
push

a) dust
b) oxidation
c) bad caps

(In my case I'd have to add 'cat hair' and clean the fans, remember to use a
paper-clip.)

2/3 solution is 'pull'.

I suggest investing in one of those cans of pressure air with a nozzle.

While I sometimes have to pull memory and connectors, wipe the gold fingers with
an antistatic cloth, blow air into the connectors and replace all same, I rarely
have to replace capacitors. I have more than enough low-end mobos from the
"Closet of Anxieties", but obviously that isn't the case with you.

PLEASE NOTE:

I'm not saying that this is an ultimate solution, and I'd be VERY reluctant to
'pull and polish' the CPUs, but this is a first line of wolf fencing of the
problem.

NEXT UP: quality of the PSU from a cold start.

Heck, it's getting cold and I turn the computer on before the forced air heating
has warmed the house ...

Time was I had a [project in a portacabin. We'd turn the heating on in the
portacabin and go get breakfast; come back an hour later. Any earlier and the
electronics wouldn't turn on.