Re: [opensuse] life usb key leap
  • From: stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 12:28:09 +0100
In data mercoledì 1 novembre 2017 11:36:19 CET, jdd@xxxxxxxxx ha scritto:
Le 01/11/2017 à 11:16, Per Jessen a écrit :
It wasn't really a deliberate omission, I think it was the change to
Leap. For TW we still have Live images and a 586 build.

not sure for how long

I guess we'll

need someone to volunteer to amend the process and have Live images
built for Leap.

it was said that live images was too much stress, but RB said recently
that it feared not to ba able to make the real distro, let alone live dvd...

it was possible to have some from Studio, but I don't know what is the
studio future

https://susestudio.com/

some tracks

https://en.opensuse.org/Derivatives#Other_community_live_CDs_edit

jdd
Well the problem is, that grub screwed up during an update, so I need to
extract some files to present them and in case write a bug report. (See thread
here before about grub asking for a tpm lib without tpm present.
So with a live CD it is trivial and not much hastle. I have to admit, do all
in CLI is difficult. In particular I mess up more and more the names of the
partitions (because there are no sda, sdb etc any more but particular
identifiers.
I should do some training on a non productive system, but to be honest, grub
never screwed up with me for a long time. So I did not expect problems after a
normal zypper dup update from 42.2 to 42.3.
I am therefore rather motivated to a) repair it and b) report the bug, if
applicable.