Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 2017-10-24 18:40, Anthony Youngman wrote:
On 23/10/17 22:16, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Bear in mind that Postscript is a DOCUMENT description language, while
PDF is a PAGE description language. PDF requires much less working
memory, and if something goes wrong it is also a lot easier to find the
problem.
Oh.

I understand that it is easy to translate between ps and pdf, they are
related.

Yes, they are very similar. But PS stores a lot of information at the
document level, whereas in PDF that information is repeated for every
page. You can cut a page out of a PDF and print it no problem. Do that
for PS and it may work, or it may fail spectacularly - special stuff
like fonts, stylesheets, etc etc is stored at the start of the PS
document and gets lost if you try to cut a page.

I often take a ps file and extract odd/even pages to different files
with no issues (I mean, print them separately, emulating double sided
printing). :-?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.