Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 19/10/17 13:34, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 19/10/17 03:37 AM, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 19/10/2017 à 02:25, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

YaST, not CUPS setup. I insist. :-)

AFAIK cups setup uses the same ppd and is much faster

That may well be so. Certainly it gets you closer in.
I'd prefer CLI and the file system, really closer in!

I don't think there is much hope in that route, though. Modifying one
ppd to change something wrong is one thing, but writing one is totally
different.

it's precisely fixing something wrong that is necessary :-)

There are just to many assumptions hidden in that approach I can't believe
you're not seeing them!

Including the assumption that the problem is the printer!

The PPD is referred to towards the end of the print chain.
This is after the print subsystem has done all it pizzing and buqqering around
with guttenprint and PDF-ifications..

And after LO Writer has also done its buggering about with the image ...

In fact, this seems to be a clear constant - if Writer is involved, the
image is messed up. If it isn't, the image is fine. Surely this is
pointing the finger at Writer?

And before you say "Writer doesn't mess with the image", it sure does!
Are the import filters correct? (They were re-written "recently" to fix
SVG problems - has that messed something up?) Is LO configured to print
it at 50% density, or something like that?

No, none of this *ought* to be happening, but it doesn't mean it isn't!

Cheers,
Wol