Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 19/10/17 10:03 AM, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Op donderdag 19 oktober 2017 14:45:09 CEST schreef Anton Aylward>>
Sure, and explain the justification for the change from PS as the printer
standard interface, something we've had since the UNIX days, to the PDF as a
standard.

I have no explanation here, Anton. Guess because I wasn't hit by this issue.
Before my divorce I had access to one of these Brother devices, currently a
Samsung Laser printer that needed adjustment/blacklisting in /etc/default/tlp
but that won't help re. your issues.

I'm currently battling CUPS with Guttenprint and Foomatic and trying to get it
to be as 'raw' as possible, but the devil seems to be in the details.
There definitely seems to be something wrong with these drivers since the
printer does odd things but does not print the test pages sometimes the
processing light never goes off; sometimes the error light comes on. Once
nothing happened but the status came back saying the front maintenance door, the
one you open to take out the ink cartridge and drum, was open. It wasn't.
I wonder what anomalous code in the 'print test page' resulted in that rather
than a page being printed?

Currently "generic foomatic postscript' test page has taken 4 minutes of the
flashing processing 'status' light with nothing to show.