Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 19/10/17 03:37 AM, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 19/10/2017 à 02:25, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

YaST, not CUPS setup. I insist. :-)

AFAIK cups setup uses the same ppd and is much faster

That may well be so. Certainly it gets you closer in.
I'd prefer CLI and the file system, really closer in!

I don't think there is much hope in that route, though. Modifying one
ppd to change something wrong is one thing, but writing one is totally
different.

it's precisely fixing something wrong that is necessary :-)

There are just to many assumptions hidden in that approach I can't believe
you're not seeing them!

The PPD is referred to towards the end of the print chain.
This is after the print subsystem has done all it pizzing and buqqering around
with guttenprint and PDF-ifications..