Re: [opensuse] Fwd: Basically every WiFi device just hacked?
On 2017-10-17 19:22, Richmond wrote:
James Knott wrote:
On 10/17/2017 11:38 AM, Richmond wrote:
If correct, this is good news, for me at least.
If it's true it's good news for anyone that connects to public
infrastructure (hotels/airports/coffee shops)

I think the article refers to specific NETGEAR equipment, listed on the
right hand side.
It said the problem only happens in bridge mode, that is one access
point repeating another. If that is the case, it would apply to any
access point.

Yes it says it only happens in bridge mode, on those netgear routers.
That's the way I am reading it. I don't think it means it only happens
in bridge mode on all routers.

As the failure is in the protocol, it applies to all routers. Netgear
just happens to document it on their own.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.